The true definition of a geek girl seems to differ greatly according to the answering party. Traditional terminology has somehow morphed over the years. Being a geek, nerd, dork or dweeb is no longer an insult but a hip compliment, and geek style has gone main-stream. For the record, it wasn’t always cool to be a geek.
I’d like to think that I was born a geek girl. Raised by an aerospace engineer, my father greatly influenced and cultivated my profound adoration of all that is geek. To be brutally honest, I was much more of a Penny than an Amy than I’d like to admit. That’s right. I was the pretty slut destined for geek-dom.
While contemplating geek girlishness, I decided to easily break it down for all the pseudo-geek girls.
Here are the seven habits of highly effective geek girls:
1. Proactively obsessed with math and/or science.
2. Overtly mission-minded and creatively imaginative.
3. Always first to adopt new gadgetry and technology.
4. Sometimes thinks in another (programming) language.
5. Analytically communicative, especially when gaming.
6. Divergent thinker with an adventurous spirit.
7. Consistently redefines the term, geek girl.
Most of all, geek girls are world-renowned for their unconventional beauty. You will also be able to find this guest post on Geek Girl Reviews, and I would love to have some feedback. Please, comment and share. Geek girls, unite!